Quality Lab Technician
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of routine materials testing in a quality assurance setting. Also will work with engineering to verify incoming receiving inspection of materials and processes.
- Utilize detailed drawings, ASTM/ANSI specifications, MIL-STDs, work instructions, and/or material test reports to interpret requirements for raw materials, finished products, and applicable testing processes.
- Perform verification and testing of raw materials and finished products as required. Perform receipt inspections of all material and parts for quality assurance.
- Inspect, document, record, and tag tested material and finished products based on inspection data and strict NSC quality control procedures.
- Work with other teams to resolve quality-related issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in quality control is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- US citizenship is required.
- Experience in a production environment with precision measurement tools is beneficial.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, common specifications and standards, work instructions, and maintain accurate records.
- Basic math and mechanical skills.
- Proficiency with a computer, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with Instron Bluehill software is a plus.
- Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Near Space Corporation also offers an exceptional benefit package including competitive wages, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick pay, 401(k) retirement plan, short and long term disability, term life insurance, and holiday pay.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and complete our online job application.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer