Flight Operations Technician
The Flight Operations Technician supports pre-flight, launch, and recovery of high altitude balloons and UAVs by assisting as a member of the Flight Operations Team. Mechanical component fabrication, assist engineers with integration and testing of flight system hardware, and updating flight checklists and processes. Safe use of hand tools such as; band saw, drill press, table saw, and drills. Works under the immediate supervision of the Flight Operations Manager.
- Support of high altitude balloon and unmanned aviation operations
- Performs daily inspections of all safety and operational equipment
- Maintains work records, maintenance and repair logs, vehicle inspection forms, daily work logs, FAA inspection records and other documentation
- Accompany NSC on remote launch operations as needed to provide flight operations support
- Work with pressurized gas products and related inflation systems
- Variety of work environments; desk and hands-on in the integration hangar, flight line and field operations
- May spend extended periods in the field under strenuous conditions
- Frequent short term travel to support flight operations within CONUS and Hawaii
- Perform strenuous physical activities, such as recurrent walking, bending, climbing, and heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including; word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and web enabled applications
- This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR. ITAR and EAR define “U.S. Person” as Any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- 2 years military or civilian experience with aviation operations; manned or unmanned
- Forklift and/or Crane Operator certification
- Commercial Driving License (CDL); HAZMAT endorsement a plus
- Private pilot’s license, instrument rating, and current class II FAA medical
- Experience with UAS ground control station software systems (Piccolo)
- Experience working with pressurized gas products
- Ability to work with power and hand tools safely and effectively
- Solve problems by gathering information and evaluating options
- Listens attentively and actively
- Works productively with others in a team environment
- Has excellent attendance and completes quality work on time
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Exercises the necessary care and caution in handling and/or operating vehicles, equipment and tools related to the performance of essential functions and follows NSC safety policies/practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety, prevention, reporting and monitoring.
- Performs other related duties as necessary (i.e., sweeping, washing vehicles etc) at the discretion of management
Near Space Corporation also offers an exceptional benefit package including competitive wages, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick pay, 401(k) retirement plan, short and long term disability, term life insurance, and holiday pay.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and complete our online job application.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer