Flight Operations Manager – UAS
As the Flight Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the supervision and smooth operation of the Flight Operations Department. You will act as the company focal point for achieving customer satisfaction and flight operation
objectives including schedule, quality, cost, and profitability.
- Supervise and grow the flight operations team and capabilities
- Develop and maintain project budgets and schedules
- Develop proposals and explore new business opportunities
- Plan and coordinate preflight activities
- Obtain flight waivers and clearances with the proper competent authority (FAA, range manager)
- Work effectively with engineering and production teams to integrate payloads in preparation for flight
- Conduct flight readiness and safety reviews
- Conduct post flight reviews and complete documentation
- Document customer requirements and direct logistics support and arrangements for both Tillamook and remote flight operations
- Provide timely and accurate labor reports
- Forecast and update ongoing project costing and deliveries
- Develop budgets for capital expenditures with appropriate cost justifications
- 2+ Years Supervisory experience required
- Experience leading a flight operations program required
- Experience conducting flight operations and obtaining clearances for aeronautic tests performed in the NAS required
- High level of computer proficiency required
- This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S.
- Persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR. ITAR and EAR define “U.S. Person” as Any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
- Experience managing a team to successfully plan, coordinate, and conduct UAS flight operations
- Experience conducting operational readiness reviews and briefings
- Familiarity with UAS operations
- Knowledge basis of design, manufacturing, and servicing of electronics
- Background in radio and telemetry systems
Near Space Corporation also offers an exceptional benefit package including competitive wages, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick pay, 401(k) retirement plan, short and long term disability, term life insurance, and holiday pay.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and complete our online job application.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer