The Manufacturing Engineer will support the current manufacturing processes, assist the production manager in manufacturing operations, as well as maintaining and troubleshooting manufacturing equipment. The Manufacturing Engineer will utilize their technical background and experience to evaluate and establish better and more efficient ways to manufacture our products; supporting continuous improvement of product quality and reduction in manufacturing costs.
The Manufacturing Engineer must be familiar with manufacturing equipment, processes, tools, and maintenance. This work is hands on, interacting with and collaborating with shop floor personnel, Engineering, and Flight Operations.
- Develop, perform, and document manufacturing procedures
- Develop manufacturing operations documentation and train/lead manufacturing personnel
- Establish equipment maintenance processes, as well as research, specify, and acquire new equipment
- Provide equipment design improvement ideas and collaborate with engineering resources to implement
- Collaborate with Quality Control to integrate quality processes contributing to continuing quality improvements
- Develop, implement, and track key manufacturing performance indicators and metrics
- Improve manufacturing process cost
- Ensure solutions achieve required quality levels, reliability, and consistency
- Use computer software to create/modify layouts, drawings, and designs supporting manufacturing operations
- Interface effectively with vendors to get quotes and develop purchase orders as required
- Incorporate engineering specifications into design, process, or manufacturing techniques
- Support R&D for new manufacturing technology efforts
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 4-6 years of professional manufacturing engineering experience
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and test
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR. ITAR and EAR define “U.S. Person” as Any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
- Knowledge of lean and/or Six Sigma concepts
- Knowledge of Materials Engineering, with a preference in polymers
- Experience with best-in-class manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of design of mechanical systems, components, and materials
- Ability to interpret schematics and assembly drawings
- Proficiency using both SolidWorks and AutoCAD tools
- Ability to work with power and hand tools safely and effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including; word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and web enabled applications. Highly efficient in recording and modifying macros in Excel.
- Present information effectively and persuasively across communication settings
- Write effectively using various styles to address different needs and audiences
- Work productively with others in a team environment
- Is flexible and can adjust to shifting priorities
- Manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
Near Space Corporation also offers an exceptional benefit package including competitive wages, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick pay, 401(k) retirement plan, short and long term disability, term life insurance, and holiday pay.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and complete our online job application.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer