Test Range Operations Manager
The Test Range Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the overall Test Range operations, including interfacing with customers, supporting business development, scheduling, allocating resources,
managing daily operations, training staff and performing operational administrative duties.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan, coordinate and supervise activities pertaining to organization, training and communication activities.
- Manage effectiveness, efficiency, coordination and communication between customer and other NSC positions.
- Ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s functions.
- Customer and Vendor Relations
- Test Range operations;
- Test Range and FAA standards Compliance;
- Customer service representative
- Safety / Visual Observer
- Test Data entry / process compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace or Aviation Engineering (or commensurate 8-10 years practical experience)
- Must possess or be able to obtain FAA Class II Medical Certificate
- 3-5 years relevant management experience in aviation
- This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR. ITAR and EAR define “U.S. Person” as Any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
- Successfully completed Private Pilot Ground School and passed the Written Exam, approved by an FAA Examiner
- Master’s degree in Business or Aviation Management
- 5+ years UAS experience in Flight Testing & Operations
- Commercial Pilot’s License with Instrument rating
- Management analysis and planning techniques.
- Project management principles, processes, and techniques.
- Team management principles and techniques.
- Strong communication skills – able to provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proactive in identifying operational gaps and implementing solutions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be located within commuting distance of Tillamook, OR.
- Ability to lift and carry 80 lbs. unassisted for short distances.
- Ability to ascent/descend stairs, ladders and ramps while carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to bend and /or twist legs, arms and body within normal range of motion.
- Ability to stand and walk without rest for at least two hours.
- Ability to perform required job duties outdoors in conditions that may include extreme high and low temperatures, rain, snow, and high winds
Near Space Corporation also offers an exceptional benefit package including competitive wages, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick pay, 401(k) retirement plan, short and long term disability, term life insurance, and holiday pay.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and complete our online job application.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer