As the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the management of NSC’s Engineering Department. You will act as the company focal point for meeting Engineering and Project Engineering objectives including schedule, quality, cost, and profitability.
- Manage and grow the Engineering team and capabilities
- Develop and maintain project budgets and schedules
- Develop proposals and explore new business opportunities
- Assist the Production team with design, process, equipment, and testing improvements
- Assist the Flight Operations team with flight train and platform design, test, and certification.
- Work effectively with Flight Operations and Production teams in support of operations
- Support airworthiness, flight readiness, and safety reviews
- Review test plans, conduct test readiness and post-test reviews, and be responsible for test documentation
- Develop project requirements and translate into actionable development activities
- Forecast and track engineering-related time and expenses
- Develop budgets for capital expenditures with appropriate cost justifications
- Establish, maintain, and improve engineering department standard practices and metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related degree
- 3+ Years Engineering Management experience, including managing development activities
- 5+ years Engineering design experience in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aviation related industries
- Experience in design standards and managing computerized drawing systems (Solid Works or similar packages)
- Experience in writing and reviewing proposals and engineering reports for government/commercial customers
- Experience as project lead or as an engineering Project Manager
- This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR. ITAR and EAR define “U.S. Person” as Any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Business
- Experience in forming or growing engineering teams
- Experience in engineering development in the Aerospace industry
- Experience managing multi-discipline engineering teams and projects
- Experience with the engineering design lifecycle
- Background in UAS or aviation flight test operations
- Knowledge of electronics and avionics
- Background in radio and telemetry systems
Near Space Corporation also offers an exceptional benefit package including competitive wages, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick pay, 401(k) retirement plan, short and long term disability, term life insurance, and holiday pay.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and complete our online job application.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Opportunity Employer